Friday 20 February 2015

Mini-update for February 20 (or, I can't think of anything clever)

Let me tell you folks, this might be the shortest update yet. I think we all needed a bit of a week off from overly contemplating our mission. That being said, I intend to make sure next week's 2 month update will be a bit meatier.


Sam:
This morning was the hardest morning to get up and go for my run. I did it, but I sure didn't run all that quickly. I'm also convinced that my cats didn't want me to leave the bed, let alone the house. Well, they wanted me to leave the bed to feed them, then go back to bed so they could cuddle. Every morning when I put on my running shoes, Vader's convinced we're playing a game, he attacks my hands and shoe laces until I finished tying them up. 
Go running?, nah, you wanna play with me, he's says. I ignore him and leave the warm house to join the cold weather outside. 
Morning run completed, now it time for kitty cuddles.

Andrea:
Meh. What can I say, it's been a bit of a week. Life did it's best to kick me down, and I had a few moments, but I had my lovely Jedi Council, and my super-awesome mum to lean on.
So, yes, I got up and went for my runs. Other than that life's been a bit of a write off. I ate relatively well, but I certainly didn't put in the effort I normally would into eating well. Blerg.
Also, my home currently looks like a pack of angry dogs rushed through and attempted to 'organise it'. Things are EVERYWHERE. Moving's no fun kids.
My goal for next week is to really get back on track, I'm not letting the universe keep me down!

Kate:
I spent most of January considering creative ways that I could both punish and destroy our bathroom scale. While I know it isn't really at fault for continuing to show me the same numbers, day after day, I was still developing a pretty vengeful attitude towards the damn thing. Douse it in lighter fluid and set it on fire? Stake it out at low tide and cackle while the water gets closer? Feed it to sharks? All of the above?
Anyway, I am finally willing to let go of my murderous fantasies - I am officially down 6lbs! It's funny that such a small number can have such a big impact, but it really does. It makes all of this feel worth it, and makes me double down and want to keep going. Results, no matter how small, are awfully encouraging.
Next stop, 12lbs down! I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment